Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Patience is a Virtue....

....especially when you're dealing with a new PC, which is still in the process of being integrated into the workflow. The lady I share an office with came back from her vacation yesterday, and was shocked to find that we had gotten all the files transferred off the Mac, and onto the file server. She no longer had a Mac... just a PC. And I think she's scared of that thing. She needs to learn to be patient with the poor thing... yes, its a Dell, and therefore powerful, but its just not going to allow you to do as many things at once as that monster dual-processor Mac you used to have! And its going to take a minute to save things. She also has issues dealing with the file server, I don't think she gets that its a place where we can all get to files, and makes it so we don't have anything saved on an actual computer!! If that Mac had croaked, we would have been in trouble. But now its all backed up on FOUR identical hard drives through a RAID, so hopefully we're safe.

We are having problems with some file formats not switching over right, and that'll be a fun fight!! I did have a fun time working on the sub pages, which are slowly being transferred to me, so that when the new system for the readers rolls out, both me and my coworker will have about the same amount of subdivision ads to do (and we're going to have templates to use for those, so it will take even less time). Therefore we'll have time to do fun ads!! I'm working on some logos, and different things... its fun, learning Illustrator and InDesign as I go along.

Well.... I better get ready for bed. Tomorrow is Wednesday.... half way through the week. Wow. Hehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home