Monday, October 04, 2004

Just Another Anime Monday

Thanks to my anime guide at About.com for the catchy title of today's post! I check my email every morning when I get into the office, and I got the Monday edition of the anime newsletter today, and it just made my morning! I made me realize, too, that I have been neglecting the otaku (obsessed anime fan) side of myself... so I decided to sort through some of my anime bookmarks and pick out the best ones to send over to About.com, cause she loves getting new links! I also NEED to draw some character or something soon, as well as watch some of the anime I have that I haven't seen yet.

It was just a usual Monday in the office, however. Worked on readers ALL day... no matter how hard I try I never get done before right at 5. I guess its cause I get the last straggling submissions about 4:30 (I'm not supposed to accept them after 3, shhh, I hate mad agents! Hehe)... I would have been done earlier, but the internet died in our office again about 4. This time it wasn't the servers, I don't think, cause I could still get on the network. Anywho, thanks to Ryan for getting that repaired quick like a bunny! Hehe.

I felt SO bad for Sam today. He stayed up ALL night working on this new website design, looked so miserable all day, but he still slogs through all his work. Then they had a meeting with the boss (John Holland)... and John was apparently (I don't go to these meetings yet) asking why we haven't started working on the rebranding of the company... its so hard to convince that man that we work our butts off, especially with Sam. I mean, he can't NOT sleep. I guess the upside is that he's getting mad overtime. :)

I saw the movie Garden State this weekend, and man, it was good. I read some reviews where the people said it was forced and unoriginal, and we never had time to connect with the characters. But I thought it was really well done, funny, and sweet. The plot was engaging, and I loved the main characters at least. It was off-beat and sometimes downright strange, but I thought it was good. So there. Hehe.

I worked on registering WaterYourDog.com this weekend... we still need to finalize that so there's no site yet... but I'm going to be working on layout ideas! I'm really excited. I also have some other ideas for the business. Oh, I guess I could explain. My second cousin Ron is really into hunting, and training dogs. He decided he needed a better way to put water in the kennel so it wouldn't get all over in transit. So him and a buddy worked together to build this waterbox, as he calls it, and now he's ready to sell it. He's going to make some other things too. But he's just so into hunting and stuff, that he doesn't really think in business terms, so I feel like its up to me to make sure there's customer support, maybe a newsletter or some way of keeping track of previous customers... as well as funds and stuff. I also know pretty much 100% more about computers.... hehe. I know, I sound like I think I'm all special. But its just the truth that I'm the manager and art director of R2K2. Wow. Scary, but exciting.

Well I guess that's it for today! I'm so glad I have a place to just write stuff down. It gets it out of my head and leaves room for things like sleeping. :) Goodnight!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy for ya hun! Quite the contrast from a month ago when the job situation was so bleak. Now you're up to your ears in work! (cute ears) I eagerly await the next post, Hahny.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home