Friday, October 01, 2004

Friday Fun!

Yeah, I guess it wasn't too fun of a day, that was just the title of a news article here on Blogger.com. It gave the suggestion of asking your "readers" three things they'd like to see photos of like in your house and stuff, and then you post those... that would be fun, but I don't have a digital camera. I've decided that I'm getting one tho. Sam at work showed me how he has pictures of stuff that inspires him on his camera phone, and I don't have a camera phone. So I decided I'd get a camera. I've felt like I've wanted to take pictures lately anyway. Of just random stuffs.

Anywho. It was a long day because I felt really tired and sick to begin with this morning. At about 8:30, I went into Sam's office to talk about what projects we'd be working on, since Fridays are project day. I sat down in the chair in there, and just felt like I could sleep right there for hours. He did all the "driving" as he likes to say, finishing up a letterhead and business card, which we then printed off on nice paper and put in the boss's office. The printer we have in our office can tell what sort of paper you have in there, so when you put thicker nicer paper in, it won't print, it just says "unexpected paper size" so you have to go tell it what kind you put in there. That printer needs a "just deal with it" button. Then we finished up a logo and sign for an agent, and that took longer than it needed to because as Melia says, drawing with Illustrator is like drawing with boxing gloves on. Blech. Hehe. I made some "directional signage" which turned out pretty cool.

The server went down at about 11:45, so we couldn't get on the internet or the network, so I left for lunch a little early. Sam had to go to a funeral (so sad!!) and was gone till about 2:30, so I filled the time by starting on readers and doing headers for the pages. You know you have nothing to do when you're doing something you usually do on Tuesday on the previous Friday. :) Then when he got back, the wife and son of "the boss" came in needing his help with a poster for the son's drama production at BSU. So I really didn't have anything to do then either!! I just went through some inspirational links (looking at portfolios is a good way to get ideas!) and starting making a list of "Songs you shouldn't like because they're by really annoying pop stars but you just can't help yourself cause they're so darn catchy". I'm going to make a CD! The first song is Pieces of Me by Ashlee Simpson. I woke up to it today, and I just love it, but she is so annoying! :D

Well me and Andrew are going through a rough patch... we discovered we hadn't been communicating as well as we thought, and I feel the need to take a break from our usual... maybe spend less time together, and make sure we're actually doing something when we do hang out. We were thinking we'd take a "break" (da da dum) but I think maybe changing pace in a different way might work better. We just need to reconnect. Plus I'd like to find some friends here in Boise to hang out with, I just feel the need to meet people.

Speaking of, there was a guy from Boise I randomly met on the Internet that I thought might be a great friend to have. He was my age, and he was really fun to talk to the 2 times I actually talked to him, so I thought maybe he could email me or something, and somehow make sure he wasn't a creep ;) and then maybe hang out. All I wanted was a friend, but he's disappeared and I don't know how to get ahold of him. I'm kinda disappointed. I thought I had a new friend. Sigh.

I'm working on a website (yay, something graphics related!!) for my 2nd cousin (or something like that) who's going to be selling stuff for hunting dogs. I'm really excited to get started, and I'll definly post a link when I get some progress on it. I looked all over for the best hosting prices and stuff, and I think GoDaddy.com is the best deal. There's a real cheap one that will do for this small site. I'm also thinking seriously about getting my own site set up... I've been wanting to for so long.

So this week was better than last, by a long shot. It was reasonably stress-free (at work anyway), I'm just really tired. I had readers done by Wednesday evening, and John from the paper was ready to kiss my feet he was so happy I got them done before the deadline. ;) If you live in Boise, look at the paper this week, I did those readers at the beginning of the Real Estate section, and also an ad for Shadow Mountain Inc, which is like on page 8 or something. :D

OK well I guess that's it for this entry. That was long!! I had a lot to say, and I'm sure I'll think of more tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't mention the best part of working with your cousin, which is the name of the site you plan on getting. WaterYourDog.com You're right, its cute! Glad you had a good work week. Hammer time. (WTF???) Just popped into my head. ~Hahny

8:40 PM  
Blogger Blue said...

I wasn't going to mention it until I had the site actually registered in case someone saw it and said hey that's a good idea and registered it before I could!! Its all hush hush!! ;) But thanks.

8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home