Thursday, November 04, 2004

The Day After

Well. Today went a lot better than could have been expected. I'm still a little bitter... every once in awhile I'll think about what happened and get either really mad or just sad.

One of the bosses had mentioned yesterday that she "knew" that my coworker had been designing most of my ads for me. I was like, OK. Right. I get help from him, and I do ALL the work. So he went to talk to her about that. I went in a little later with an ad I put together for the paper, and she was like, oh, this is good. And then she looks at me and asks "are you doing alright?". I was surprised, cause I was, actually, so I said yeah.

I told my parents a bit about all this, and they think I should go talk to her again about how I couldn't have known how serious they were about the whole thing, since I've never been in a situation like this, and how she is just seeing the things I've done wrong, and not the things I've done right. I don't know if I will talk to her about it anytime soon... they just put my coworker in charge of the ad department, which means that I answer to him now. And he knows how hard I work.

I feel really good about what I got done today too. I was really happy with the reader ads (and I even gave an agent the weekend off, inadvertantly, by not having room for her open house! That was fun, made me happy), and I was looking at all the things I do and take care of, and I am proud of myself. I manage a lot of things at one time. And I feel like my design skills are improving fast!!

I have a bunch of training material that my coworker put on the server to look through... I like learning new things about photoshop, and of course learning all the things I don't know about Illustrator.

So yes. Another day, another chance to prove I'm the best graphic designer there! Hehe. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home