Saturday, October 16, 2004

I love weekends

Who doesn't? :)

Yesterday was so hard to get through, because it was crazy in the morning, and then just crawled by in the afternoon. When Sam got to work, he discovered that his computer had restarted itself or something overnight, and there were updates to install. So he clicked on the updates, and there was this one that had you sign a user agreement, and then asked if you wanted to know more about a potential security vulnerability. Sam clicked yes, and his computer literally died. He couldn't run anything. How did that happen? That update came up on my computer too, and I clicked no because I didn't want to deal with it right then. I'm glad I didn't click yes, because who knows what it would have done to my computer... ack!

So he spent all day backing up his data of his computer (it wouldn't connect to other computers on the network, or that file server that keeps dying, but by some weird stroke of luck, Nero worked! So he could burn CDs) and then he reformatted it, and started all over. I couldn't believe it.

I worked on a logo that just baffled me. I couldn't get it to look right at all. Arg. Finally Sam came up with something. I am mad that I couldn't work it out. Then I worked on some research, and some other stuff I can't remember. The thing that got me through the day was my crazy friends on Animefringe. The staff there is so fun.

Then I headed out to Caldwell to watch Super Size Me with all my friends out there, and that was great fun. Ryan made us all chocolate chip pancakes, which were really really good. Bill and Sarah made the mistake of eating McDonald's before watching that movie!! They regretted it. That movie is just so disturbing.... it makes you wish there was something you could do about everything that is wrong in the world.

Then this morning, I slept in till 11! Woo! That was wonderful. I'm going to get up earlier tomorrow to do laundry, and then hang out with my friend Sam (not the one from work). I haven't seen him in awhile, so hopefully it will work out!

This afternoon I went with Andrew's family (and Max) to the Pumpkin Festival in Eagle. The best part about that is the Pumpkin Chunkin', where they shoot pumpkins out of huge pneumatic cannons!! Its sweet. One of the cannons shot one 3200 feet!! Then we waited forever in line to get a pumpkin smoothie, but it was worth it. Yummy.

After that, we came to my house and ate pizza. Then we twiddled our thumbs, trying to figure out what to do. We ended up laying on the trampoline looking at the sky! There were a lot of clouds, so there weren't many stars, but it was nice out, and it was nice to talk.

I'm going to go to sleep now! This is the latest I've been up in a long time. :D

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We did have a lot of fun doing various things tonight but all I can think about is how much fun I had just talking with you! The pizza was good too, thank the folks. ~Hahny

12:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How many girls know the difference between a catapult and a trebuchet? I believe Megan is one of the elite few and I am in complete awe because of it :)

11:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry sarah, Hahny has been around since the first year in highschool people started liking my first name. Strangly the same year I took German. I like how since you don't allow anonymous posts we are talking through megan's blog. I am so excited for hot springs. It is going to be a blast. Fo Shizzle.

12:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

post post post post Post Post POST POST POST POST

(It's a chant)

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home