Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Its like, an early Christmas!!

I got two presents today!! One was my new monitor at work. This thing is HUGE!! It barely fits on my desk. Although, it couldn't have just worked out perfectly fine to begin with. We unpacked it, realized it wasn't the exact one the guy told us it would be.... but it was dang huge and it's a "professional series". We looked it up, and I think its a pretty good one. Anyway, we got it all unpacked and my old one off the desk, and we went to plug the cable into the back.... and.... go figure. The "male" and "female" parts didn't match. :P The cable I had hooked up to my computer didn't fit, and they didn't send us a new one. No one anywhere had that kind of cable, so Sam went and bought a new cable. He also packed up his monitor that still needs to be sent back (he almost packed up the wrong one!) and sent that off. Hopefully he'll get his new one soon too.

The other present I got was a package full of anime stuff from my friend in Georgia! He has so much stuff... he's never going to be able to watch/read it all. Although, he won't send me stuff he intends to watch, like the DVD's he has of my favorite series, .hack//SIGN!! So I now have the whole series of Gravitation (a series that he got as screeners, but just doesn't really like, I think I might like it, it looks cute), a couple DVD's of random series I've never heard of (but look good), and a couple mangas. There's also some burnt CDs and DVDs that I'm not quite sure what's on them yet. I am so happy I got all this cool stuff! Hehe.

This has been a crazy week. At work, my office mate has been "under scrutiny" for the fact that she takes forever to do her work. No exaggeration, she spent ALL day working on a tiny little ad. I'm supposed to just check on her every once in awhile (it sounds mean, but they just need to know what's going on, and unlike my situation, there's not really any way to monitor that) and whenever I told Sam what she was doingon, he'd get more and more frustrated. He finally told me that "everyone" (the elusive group of higher-ups) have started to realize that I'm working my butt off, and they appreciate how I handle everything that gets thrown at me, and how well I am adapting. To me its not really about adapting so much, just that I'm so excited to see where this department and this company are going to go! Everything Sam talks about that he'd like to see us doing is so exciting. It will be the best learning experience of my life. I guess what is different about my job is that it is like school and work combined which is what makes it so exhausting!

Sam advised me to learn all I can on my own as well, and work on getting a grasp on the programs that we are using... like Illustrator and InDesign. I had never used either before, but I feel like I picked up on them really well. I just need to learn about the tricks and shortcuts and fun stuff like that. That way, I will have even more of an upperhand in what he sees as becoming a "two-man operation"... which means that I will have to work for my place there. As I'm getting over the drama of a couple weeks ago... I'm starting to think that it would be pretty dang cool to keep working there, because its really going to start going places.

To make the week and my life in general even more crazy, Andrew and I had another rough couple of days. We have decided to split up, but of course not stop talking and being friends. I just know that I need some time to figure things out in my life and stuff.

I have this general feeling that lately, I haven't been that good of a person... not that good of a girlfriend, friend, guild leader or co-worker... I've made a lot of mistakes. I have been getting better... I have been trying to get my priorities straight and work as hard as I can, and to do what I can to ensure that everything turns out for the best. We can't know what the best thing for us is.... we think we know... but we are often wrong. I just have to keep in mind that the most important things in life are the people I care about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home