Thursday, November 18, 2004

Did a quadratic formula explode?

Title is quoted from the most recent StrongBad email... anyone who has not experienced the genius that is StrongBad, needs to click here NOW. You won't regret it. In fact you'll probably laugh harder than you have in a long time.

......

Is it Friday yet??

It felt like Friday once I was done with getting stuff sent off to the paper this afternoon! I was like... ahh... I have all afternoon to look at some training stuff, learn some mad skills for InDesign and Illustrator... but then I realized... ack! Its 3:30, and I have to finish up making some edits to the ads.... but hopefully tomorrow I can do some learnin'.

I'm going to try to make this whole blog thing into more of a daily activity... I don't have much time to be doing that, but I would like to. So they might sometimes be pretty short.... but they'll be good. OK, I can't promise that either.

My friend Janet (from Animefringe) mentioned that she had a blog where she posted a random link everyday... That might be fun. I'm hoping to do that for the magazine every month.... plus she talks about how much she's written in her book for national novel month. I thought I could do a little update on how I'm coming on my articles and stuff for Animefringe! I'm so glad to be doing some writing... I've always enjoyed it, and now I can combine that with my love of anime/manga.

This month, I'm writing an feature article about the awesome series Full Metal Alchemist. Its my first feature, obviously.... but I think I'll do OK. I wrote a LOT of it tonight.. actually hand wrote it since my mom wanted me to spend some time with her and not in front of my computer. Which was good advice. That's what I do all day, everyday.

The other day, Adam and I watched a show called Re: Cutie Honey and did a little commentary on it as we watched. I typed that up, and made it into this demo thing for a possible special section in next year's issues. I'm hoping to do this, I think it would be awesome. We're going to focus on fan subs (anime subtitled by fans... the fonts are really cool, and its easier to read than other subs, it seems). We need a name. Someone suggested Double Fanvision or something like that, but Adam is planning on bringing back his beloved ADAMVISION and we can't have two titles with the same word! Any ideas for that title?

I was planning on writing an article about Hello Kitty Online World (here, watch out, its very pink) this month, but there's not much there yet, so I'm going to save that for January. You all should be sure to read January's issue when it comes out... its gonna be so awesome. December's is looking to be pretty cool too. We have two new writers!! Yay!

Well I guess that's about it for tonight... I'm gonna go read, and do some drawings too I think. And then sleep. Ahh. Sleep. And then it shall be Friday, and I can sleep IN on Saturday. Plus my little sister is coming back from school for a week (she'll be here late tonight, she better not wake me up! Hehe) and it will be fun to hang out with her.

Goodnight!! Sweet dreams to everyone (check out Andrew's dream blog)!

Update: My sister got home already!! Yay! Its good to see her. Hopefully she won't create too much chaos. ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Blue said...

Actually I rather enjoy his "input". Don't bash the Adam. He is one of the coolest kids I know. :P!

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home