Friday, September 03, 2004

I have a job!!!

I'm feeling: Very, very happy and excited.

I'm reading: The Designer's Commonsense Business Book by Barbara Ganim - good book about doing any sort of freelance work, which I am still going to do.

I'm working on: Coloring a drawing I scanned into my computer. It's going to look really cool. I also have come up with some ideas for my website, I just need to figure out how I want to go about doing it.

And now about the job. Its at a really nice realty place here in Boise, and I'm going to be helping the designer and layout designer do ads and stuff for the paper, and then help them start some other graphics and advertising type stuff. Its going to be such great experience, and I'm going to work very hard. I start at 8 on Tuesday morning. I'll have to describe how my first day of my first 8-5 job went. This really is the perfect opportunity for me. And I'm so happy, at this point, its worth it that I didn't get the job at school. I know I would have been over my head, and wouldn't have created graphics as well as I might a couple years down the road.

In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy my labor day weekend. I'm going to see Anchorman tomorrow (finally) and then head off to Hell's Canyon to hang out at Andrew's family's cabin. Hopefully its nice up there so we can swim, and Andrew can get lots of wakeboarding in. Then I'll finish up making sure I have enough clothes to wear to work to last me awhile.... and I'll prepare for work, somehow. :)

I'm off to sleep, because its been a long day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home