Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Things are looking up!!

I'm feeling: Happy, energetic, optomistic... Many thanks to Lilli (my orthobionomist/massage therapist/energy therapist) because I slept really well last night for the first time in a long while, and I'm not all stiff and sore!

I'm reading: Haven't really looked at any of my books from the library for a couple days... but I guess I'm still looking at the Colorworks books. They are really cool... they go through each color and look at what effects they have on the designs they are used in.

I'm working on: Still trying to redo my website. Kinda stuck at the moment. I want it to be simpler, and more professional.

Why are things looking up you might ask? Well today I was talking with my mom's cousin's husband (phew) who used to be a recruiter for an employment agency or something, and he gave me a bunch of tips for making my resume better, and for doing extra well in interviews. While he was here, I got a call from a staffing agency I signed up with awhile ago, asking if I was still looking for a job. Well, yes, I am. She said that a company that I had done some ads for (as a test while they were hiring) needed someone to help the person they had hired instead of me (hehe). So I would be a "junior designer", assisting the graphic designer and do whatever "grunt work" he doesn't want to do. But the good thing is that I can learn from him, and get better. They said that my designs were a little basic, which I know they are, and that's why they didn't hire me the first time. But I will definitely get better. So my interview is tomorrow morning, and I'm really thinking I'll get this job. It would be so perfect. I hope that made sense. I can't believe this whole thing. It's so great.

So anyway. I'm going to have to scan some of my car drawings, as well as some more of my anime drawings so I can color them. I need to practice doing that.

Signing off! Goodnight! :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home