Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Beautiful Sunrise

This morning there was the most beautiful sunrise. And I had to drive down the freeway for the whole duration of it. I couldn't just stop and take a picture. Plus, for that sunrise, my camera phone would NOT cut it. Hopefully this winter, when the sun starts rising later, I'll be able to take those pictures before I start driving, and I'll have a better (actual) camera. We can all hope.

This sunrise lit up the whole sky. At first, it was bright red, in streaks in the east and lighting up the storm clouds in the west. Slowly it mixed with gold, and then turned all gold. The mountains in the east were all misty and that made them look like they were from a fairytale.

There's the little bit of my drive where I go through downtown (before I get on the freeway), and I could see it between the buildings. When I passed the Capitol building, the sunrise was behind it and it almost made me cry to think that no one was taking a picture of that. It was the most amazing thing.

I guess I'm lucky I get to experience these sunrises, that's what life's all about anyway. Experiencing things.

Speaking of experiencing, a group of us made it up to some hot springs in Atlanta. We've had mixed luck getting up there because its high in the mountains, and the road we've taken before goes through a pass that's pretty high, and this time of year its starting to get snowy. This time we took a different way, and it was not only much easier, but even more beautiful. The Boise River is along the road the whole time, and there's some neat waterfalls and things. There's part of the river where it all got washed out a couple years ago, and there's this eerie small lake with full grown trees in the middle of it.

The hot springs were great, except that Andrew got visited by some biting bugs and I'm sure that's not the most pleasant thing in the world!

That's about it for now! Probably should get to work. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home